No matter the size of the company, branding is the foundation of any marketing effort. Great brand messaging distinguishes your product or service from competitors and creates an economic relationship between you and your customers.
But what makes a successful brand? “Your brand is your promise to your customer… it tells them what they can expect from your products and services,” according to online article at Entrepreneur.com. “Your brand is derived from who you are, who you want to be, and who people perceive you to be.”
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”73″ gal_title=”Enmarket”]
Is your business a “try new things” type or little more than a copycat of a key competitor? Is your business bringing in new customers or just maintaining an acceptable market share? Defining the image you want to resonate with people can be a challenge, but building on successes and achievements is the best way to ingrain positive sentiments.
A well-designed logo is the main ingredient for a successful brand strategy; that success translates to increased profits via brand equity. Companies who’ve built valuable brands adjust pricing to match, and the market responds because the recognition is tangible.
What does your brand stand for?
Clearly communicating what your exactly your brand means to consumers is key to – separation from your competitors. Entrepreneur.com suggests the following questions:
- What is your company’s mission?
- What are the benefits and features of your products or services?
- What do your customers and prospects think of your company?
- What qualities do you want them to associate with your company?
A bit of research into your current customer base provides useful information that can be used for brand building. Asking current clients and prospective customers what they “need, their habits, and their desires” will help narrow down just what exactly your company brings to the table.
- A solid logo – Once it’s refined and recognizable, use it in all of your marketing material.
- Put your brand characteristics in writing. Every member of the company is an ambassador for the brand and its meaning.
- Incorporate branding into every single aspect of the business. From desk voicemail to signage, extend the brand into every corner of the business.
- “Create a ‘voice’ for your company that reflects the brand.” What comes to mind when a customer sees your brand? Will it resonate?
- Brand standards maintain the integrity of the brand. “Use the same color scheme, logo placement, look and feel throughout. You don’t need to be fancy, just consistent.”
- Deliver on what your brand promises. Anyone who buys from you won’t do it again – or recommend you – if you don’t live up to the promise your brand makes.
- Consistency is king. It is the most important part of building a brand and will determine the success or failure of your efforts.
How can Federal Heath help? We have helped hundreds of companies reinforce their brand through traditional and digital signage, printed graphics, specialty contracting and signage service. Our complete turnkey services remove the frustration of using multiple vendors with individual pricing – we are a one-stop-shop in the visual communications industry.
Call us today at 800.620.SIGN and let’s start a conversation!