Signs, signs, everywhere are signs. Many business owners understand that their signage is one of the most effective forms of advertising. They are an investment that will pay a return many times over. But when your signs aren’t working properly, they can portray a less than desirable image of your business, and potentially cost you lost revenue as well.
According to data from the U.S. Small Business Administration, as much as 50% of a company’s business can be attributed to its signage. Your sign is continually working to promote your products and services, 24/7, 365 days a year. It creates the first impression of your business, so doesn’t it make sense to make sure your sign is consistently working as it was intended to?
To do this, you should choose your sign and lighting maintenance provider carefully, and align yourself with one that is reputable, trustworthy and who offers a full range of services. They need to also be able to respond quickly to your requests for service. Other things to consider when choosing the right company to maintain your signs should be –
- Does the vendor have the necessary resources and equipment to manage your sign repairs?
- Do they have a 24/7 dedicated call center?
- Are their service trucks fully stocked with standard repair parts?
- Are they familiar with current regulations regarding disposal of fluorescent lamps, ballasts, transformers and other hazardous materials?
- Do they offer flexible repair programs that can be aligned with your needs and budget?
- Can they also repair your parking lot or area lighting?
- How quickly can they respond to your service request? Typical response times should be between 24-48 hours, and no longer than 72 hours.
The size and type of sign for each business varies from small, directional signs to large pylons and hi-rise building signage. Having a full-service sign and lighting maintenance provider who has the ability to provide a complete range of turnkey services should also be a consideration, such as:
- Sign and Lighting Re-lamps
- LED Upgrades and Conversions
- Site Inspections & Reporting
- Sign Cleaning & Repainting
- Preventative Maintenance
- Night Patrol Services
- Hi-Rise Rappelling Service
- Parking Lot and Area Lighting Repair Service
It’s true that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Signs are the first impression that your business makes. They tell your customers who you are, where you are, and what you offer. Be sure your business always makes a good first impression so your message is clear and your competition doesn’t outshine you.